Upgrade Your Education
Most jobs require some form of education or training. Get qualified through a variety of post-secondary options, from apprenticeships to university.
Education Planner BC helps learners make well-informed decisions about their education and career options:
- Find a program you’re interested in
- Plan your education
- Apply to multiple post-secondary institutions
- Find national and international universities and colleges
- Find out how to pay for your education with scholarships, bursaries and loans
- Learn about funding for apprenticeships
- Manage your budget while you are studying
If you need to graduate high school, learn English or upgrade skills, explore this path.
Learn on the job in an apprenticeship program. The Industry Training Authority (ITA) has information on:
- Trades programs
- Apprentice services
- Trades training system
Over 51,000 students in B.C. enroll in private training each year. Private training offers certificates in dozens of fields, such as:
- sound recording
- commercial flight
- early childhood education
Information on Canada’s Wood Manufacturing Sector:
- Career opportunities
- Career descriptions
- Profiles of people working in the field
Explore over 120 environmental careers and where to train for them.
Training and education for the B.C. Tourism industry.
Newcomers to Canada
Professionals who trained overseas can have their credentials assessed, and learn about licensing for their profession in Canada.